Info & Resources For First Responders
For First Responders, the hope is that we can corral in one place a good variety of useful links and resources to make your work easier. Or, at least make the finding of relevant info easier. The resources listed below are a start--we hope it will grow over time, as you can see, there's lots of room! If there is a site you find particularly helpful, and think others would benefit from, please send to it us so we can list it here, too.
The resource links listed here are also on the Resources page, but there may be sites under other headings there that you'll find useful, so take a peek .
- CDC Emergency Response Resources (Web)
- Emergency Medical Services Checklist CDC/HHS checklist for providers of emergency medical services + (PDF)
Victim Triage Area
in Spanish (PDF)
- Responding to Victims with Disabilities 33pg booklet on how best to assist victims who are disabled. + (PDF)
- CERT Use CERT volunteers for traffic/crowd control, as on-scene scribes, to help set up triage, supply areas, wherever you need relief, so your crew can do the work it's trained for + (Web)
- VT Office of EMS
Haz-Mat Emergency Response Guide
374 pg color-coded hazardous materials guide. Covers classifications, codes, placard identification, response guides by hazard, isolation/protective action distance tables & SOPs, and more.
'08 print version available through ACEPC, contact Tim at 388-3141
- Vermont Dry Hydrant Program (Web)
- AFG Fire Grant Overview (Web)
- VT Fire Academy training schedule (Web)
- BioHazard Quick Ref (PDF)
- Chemical Hazards Quick Ref (PDF)
- DHART (Web)